Terms and Conditions
- In these conditions, “we”, “us” and ”our” mean Absolute Alps. “You” and “your” mean the person booking the holiday and/or flights and transfers. These conditions apply to your and your groups booking with us. Read them before filling in and signing the booking form. We recommend you email and/or telephone us to check availability and discuss your requirements. You should then send us the completed and signed booking form. The contract is made at the time we accept your booking.
- We will then send you an email confirming your booking. Please check that all the information in this email is correct and let us know immediately if you think there are any errors. We will not be responsible for any errors not notified to us within 7 days of our sending out the confirmation letter or after you leave to commence your holiday.
- If you book more than 8 weeks before the start of your holiday, you pay a deposit of 25% of the total holiday cost. If you book less than 8 weeks before the start of your holiday, you pay the full amount for your holiday at the time of booking.
- You pay the full cost of the holiday not less than 8 weeks before the start of the holiday. If we don’t receive payment for your holiday in full on time we can treat the holiday as cancelled by you. The “lead name” on the booking form is liable in full for all persons booked using that form, and also for any person added or substituted at their request in relation to that booking.
- The “lead name” on the booking form is also responsible for drawing to the attention of all other members of the group the need for them to read, understand and consent to the terms and conditions of the booking.
- Changing Or Cancelling Your Booking
- We will try to accommodate you if you wish to change your booking, but of course can’t guarantee we will be able to do so. If we can’t make the change and you tell us you won’t be taking the holiday you have booked, this is a cancellation by you. Where we are able to change the booking to suit your new wishes, we will do so and issue a revised confirmation letter.
- If you decide to cancel your holiday, youmust let us know immediately in writing. The following cancellation charges will apply per person.
- If you cancel more than 8 weeks before the start of your holiday, the cancellation charge is £100 per person per week.
- If you cancel 4 to 8 weeks before the start of your holiday, the charge is 50% of the cost of your holiday.
- If you cancel less than 4 weeks before the start of your holiday, the charge is the full cost of your holiday.
- Change Or Cancellation By Us
- If we have to alter your holiday, we will let you know as soon as we can. In the event that the change is substantial, you have the option to take any amended holiday offered by us or cancel your booking. If you cancel under this provision, we will refund the amounts you have paid to us, and this will be our only liability. However, we do not accept any liability or make refunds in respect of any change or cancellation we make as a result of force majeure.
- If, while on holiday, you undertake activities which are illegal; are rude, threatening and/or aggressive to our staff; behave in a way which is in our view likely to disturb the enjoyment of others and/or damage our reputation, we can terminate your holiday immediately and have no liability to make any refund or pay any amounts in respect of that termination. If you cause any damage or cause any breakages whilst on holiday you will be liable for these and you will pay for these before leaving Chatel.
- If you do not pay and/or the damage is not noticed until after you leave and/or items belonging in the Chalet have been removed you will pay for these within 14 days after the completion of your holiday. Any costs, including legal expenses, involved in us collecting any outstanding charges will be paid by you in addition to the aforementioned.
- It is a condition of booking that all clients have insurance to cover their activities. We will not be responsible for meeting any sums which should have been covered by Travel Insurance in the case of repatriation or medical expenses incurred by you. You will further be responsible for paying to and indemnifying us for such expenses that we occur on your behalf.
- Client Liability
- The client undertakes to behave in such a manner as to not cause distress, damage, danger or injury to other clients or employees and to behave in such a manner so as not to spoil the enjoyment of other guests, this includes smoking within the Chalet which is illegal under French Law. The stay of any client in breach of this clause shall be terminated forthwith and we shall have no further contractual obligations towards them. As such, the breach of this clause by any one client may cause us to demand immediate vacating of the accommodation by every client on the booking form.
- Our Liability
- We accept responsibility for ensuring that the accommodation, which you book with us, is supplied as described and that the services offered reach a reasonable standard. In the case of loss and /or damage to personal possessions (including money), we have no liability as you are assumed to have taken out the appropriate insurance cover before travelling. We carry appropriate liability insurance for the operation of our business. All facilities, including hot tub are used at your own risk and it is assumed that you are in good health when using them.
- We will not accept any responsibility for guests travel arrangements, road hold-ups, road diversions, guests personal wellbeing, possessions, hired equipment, lost lift passes, any booked lessons, booked trips, adverse weather conditions, avalanche, landslides, floods, volcanic disruption, to little or too much snow, war, riots, civil action, strikes, terrorism, fire, industrial disputes, any technical problems or events taking place or happened beyond their control. We will not pay compensation.
- Behaviour & Conduct
- The chalet and its facilities are only available for use to the guests who have booked to stay in the chalet. Not for outsiders.
All party members must behave responsibly, so as not to cause a nuisance to other people whilst on holiday with ABSOLUTE ALPS.
Noise levels must be respected after 22:00 hrs, loud music and other loud noises after this time are not permitted.
Parents are asked to supervise their children at all times.
- We operate a NO SMOKING POLICY throughout the whole of the chalet. We reserve the right to question any guests on this matter, if they suspect them to have smoked inside, appropriate action will be taken.
It will be at the discretion of ABSOLUTE ALPS to terminate the holiday without written notice, of people who indulge in serious misconduct.
- If any client/s wilfully, recklessly or negligently damages any accommodation, property or person/s we will have no alternative but to terminate the remainder of their holiday, NO refund will apply.
We reserve the right to make claims for any damage caused.
No outdoor footwear to be worn inside the chalet.
No pets are allowed in the chalet.
- Valuables and Documents
- Guests are responsible at all times for personal documents, belongings and ski equipment.
- Arrival, Departures and Transfers
- Check-in: The chalet will be available from 16.00 at the start of your stay.
Check-out: The chalet must be vacated by 10.00 on the day of your departure.
- If guests chose to ski on their departure day they may leave their luggage at the chalet but may not be able to use the facilities later because new guests may have arrived.
- Self-Catering Clients
- A 750€ ‘CAUTION’ payment will be required upon your arrival at the chalet.
This ‘CAUTION’ is taken in case of damages or breakages.
This we will take as Visa, Visa Debit or MasterCard details which are held until after your departure.
Should any damages or breakages be found after your departure, appropriate costs will be deducted from your details.
You will be notified by email with an attached receipt outlining any costs. When we are happy with everything your card details will be destroyed, less any incurred deductions.
At the start of your holiday the Chalet is rented to you, clean and tidy. Please leave it as you find it. We expect all rubbish to be removed from the chalet.
- Logs for the Fire
- The chalet is heated throughout by underfloor heating. We do have a log burning stove in the lounge which can be used.
A large fire will result in the lounge becoming too hot.
- One basket of logs is supplied per week, a refill is available at a charge of €15.
- Smoking and Alcohol
- Smoking is not permitted inside the chalet. We request that alcohol is consumed in moderation whilst on the premises.
- The Mountains and Skiing
- Mountain holidays with extremes of weather, cold, ice and snow and mountain activities including Skiing, Snowboarding, Snowshoeing, etc. involves risks of personal injury and even death. We accept no responsibility for any of the risks involved and the possible consequences of your participation. Therefore you must be sensible in your choice of footwear, clothing and equipment and must continue to follow all the normal rules, regulations, safety requirements and your own common sense when on holiday.
- Supervision of Children – Spa – Nanny & Child Minding Services - Ski Schools – Other Services
- Children 16 years or younger are not permitted to use the Spa without adult supervision. Children 16 years or younger are also not allowed to be left in or around the Chalet or Minibus without adult supervision. Our Staff are not available during their working hours to supervise children and/or other guests. It is your responsibility to ensure that children are correctly supervised and remain safe within and around the Chalet or Minibus. Absolute Alps accepts no responsibility in this regard.
- We may also recommend Nanny & Child Minding Services, Ski Schools, Airlines, Transfer Services and/or you may employ one of our staff in their leisure time to undertake child minding or other services for you. However you must make your own enquires as to the qualifications, credentials, insurance and overall suitability of any of the services and we can accept no responsibility in regard to the security or performance of these services.
- If for some reason you find something about your stay in the chalet not to your satisfaction, you should immediately make a complaint to us. We would do our best resolve any problems you have. Unless there is a valid reason for not reporting an issue to us during your stay we not consider ourselves liable. If you remain dissatisfied, the complaint should then be recorded in writing on your return to the UK and sent to us within 28 days of the completion of your holiday. No liability can be accepted for claims not notified in that period, or if the claim has not been notified to us during your holiday.
- Damages and Breakages
- Any breakages or damage to the chalet or contents of the chalet must be paid for in full by you before leaving the chalet.
- Law Of The Contract
- The law of this contract is that of France and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the French courts.